FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - Standard item (7~10 WORKING DAYS)
SILCA Super Secret Chain Lube brings all of the super speed and silent running of a hot-melt wax-dipped chain to a drip applied wax (all of the benefits, none of the hassle!). Secret Chain lube also utilizes the world's fastest, most lubricious additive, nano-scale Tungsten Di-Sulfide. NanoPlatelet WS2 has less than 1/3 the dynamic coefficient of friction of PTFE and 1/4 that of Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2)
2. We recommend 6-8 revolutions of the chain, scrubbing all sides of the chain with the brush to work the degreaser into the links and rollers
3. Hose the chain directly just in front of the rear derailleur pulley. DO NOT DIRECT PRESSURE onto cassette, hub/axle or BB areas
4. With clean brush and strong dish soap/water mixture (we like ~1 tablespoon Dawn in ~2 cups water) work through the chain again, scrubbing all sides and trying to drive out any remaining dirt as well as any trapped solvent
5. Direct spray rinse the chain again
6. Dry chain with towel/paper towels and allow to air dry in sun for at least 30 minutes OR (preferred) Direct Blow with high-pressure air to drive out remaining liquids and particulates
APPLYING THE LUBE
1. Be sure to have chainline relatively straight (53/15 or so)
2. Shake bottle and open tip halfway
3. Begin applying drip lube to top of rollers while pedaling backward. Be sure to apply at least 1 drop per roller and no more than 2 drops per roller while continuing to backpedal.
4. Use fingers on top-bottom of chain to work the lube into rollers while backpedaling at least 3-4 revolutions.
5. Pedal forward shifting all the way to top of the cassette, pedal for at least 3-4 revolutions. The extreme chain angle opens gaps between plates to allow the lube to better work into the chain. Continue pedaling, shifting through all gears on the rear cassette at least once.
6. Stop pedaling and allow Secret Chain Lube to dry for 30-40 minutes.
7. SILCA Gear Wipes may be used to remove any excess lube from chainrings if you desire a cleaner look.